Integrated Switch Panels ISPs / Keyboards / Bezels
Integrated Switch Panels or ISPs are essentially Control Panel Assemblies (CPAs) in bezel or keyboard forms that incorporate the use of tactile switch buttons. ISPs are human-machine-interface flight deck products used by pilots to enter and check data. ISPs are designed, built and verified to meet customer specified geometry, layout, photometric performance, key actuation characteristics, power input requirements and mechanical and electrical bonding interfaces. ISPs may contain: integrated annunciators on the panel or on the button keys; ambient light sensors and integrated alphanumeric displays.
A basic ISP consists of:
- Acrylic or Aluminum body/bezel,
- Basecoat (White)
- Topcoat (Black, Gray, or Brown)
- Circuit Card Assembly with connector,
- Button Caps
- Tactile Switches
- Common Hardware (screws, inserts, grommets, gaskets, fingerguards),
- Flightworthy and Simulated (trainers) Aircrafts
- Includes all airplanes, helicopters, or any other machines (both military and commercial) that are capable of flight.
- Platforms or Simulators that simulate a representation of an airplane, helicopter, or any other machine capable of flight for the purpose of training or presentation.
- ISPs can easily fit into both Flightworthy and Non-Flightworthy categories.
- The only things that separate the two are:
- Customer specifications/requirements that enable/deem the product flightworthy
- All flightworthy ISP components need sufficient testing and must meet requirements of certain Specifications and Standards
- Commercial and Military Aircraft
- Commercial Aircraft
- Common lighting applications
- ISPs are built to commercial standards in the aerospace industry
- Commercial-grade components can be procured and utilized for this type of CP
- Military Aircraft
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) filters commonly utilized for military applications
- Military-grade components can be procured and utilized for this type of CP
- All lighting applications available
- Loosened requirements for component procurement and specifications
- Usable for simulation purposes only – not flightworthy
- Commercial Aircraft
Types of ISPs:
- Quadrilateral Control Panel (CP) with a cutout in the middle of the bezel for display applications.
- Bezels typically consist of one sheet of plastic or aluminum utilizing buttons around the perimeter as a means of selecting/actuating a specific command in relation to the customer’s display.
- Quadrilateral Control Panel (CP) typically with a cutout in the panel display applications.
- Not all keyboard panels utilize a display.
- Keyboards typically consist of one sheet of plastic or aluminum utilizing a set of alphanumeric (including special symbols) buttons that layout a full set of keys that are required to input keys as a means of selecting/actuating a specific command in relation to the customer’s display.
- Arrangements include:
- Customer-specific layout